Wednesday 31 August 2011

Deck Profile - Nordics

Hey Guys,

I know I haven't made a blog post in a while, but school is starting soon and ironically I should have more time to post blogs of my thoughts and such.

I am more or less happy with the format, I am not happy with the TCG ruling on XYZ's obviously.

But who cares,

So I have been meaning to build a Nordic Deck for my girlfriend, she just loves Thor and she doesn't play that often so its litterally a hobby.

So this deck list is 38 cards I would love to hear some advice to make it complete or better thanks.

Monsters (19)
3 Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant
3 Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts
3 Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts
3 Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts
3 Reborn Tengu
3 Effect Veiler
1 Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant

Spells (11)
3 Forbidden Lance
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Pot of Duality

Traps (8)
3 Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir
3 Horn of the Phantom Beast
2 Call of the Haunted

So this deck is simplistic in design focusing on key cards and strategies.

It can make a 2nd turn Norse God quite easily.

Alot of the cards are chainable and play many roles, it seems good I am still missing 2 cards any advice would be great.

Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. http://yugiohoi.blogspot.com/2011/08/end-of-format.html

    This is deck I have been playing the last format, it is a nordic-plant deck. I work really well for me, you can check it out if you need some ideas.

    btw, nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. + Trap Dustshoot: No brainer
    + Pot of Avarice: Recycle your monsters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with the Dustshoot Avarice comment. Last format Trap Stun was really killer with them, but of course that's irrelevant now. I'd definitely suggest a BLS for today's environment. I played Nordics for a little while during the summer and they were fun, but recent advances and the format change has really thrown me out of whack with them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangan + BLS-EOTB

    OR

    2 Shrink

    That's what i would do at least

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have to play a S.J. or a starlight road...there's no way around it...

    ReplyDelete